White (Composite) Fillings
White fillings have become increasingly popular – providing an alternative to silver coloured amalgam fillings. They’re made from a composite resin, which blends in seamlessly with your tooth. Even up close, it should be difficult to spot a white filling. Modern white fillings are strong and durable – so it’s not a case of style over substance and the treatment is very straightforward.
How are Composite Fillings used?
- Fillings can be used on teeth which have decay. Your dentist would start by removing this decay for you. The cavity created would need to filled, and can be filled by a variety of dental filling materials.
- You may wish to replace your old silver fillings – also known as amalgam fillings or silver fillings. The composite filling would have a better cosmetic appeal.
- If you have a tooth that is not the correct shape, a composite filling can be bonded onto to the tooth to give the tooth the new desired shape.
- If you have a chipped or broken filling, you may use the composite filling to repair the tooth restoring it to its original shade for cosmetics and function.
- If you have gaps in your teeth, a composite filling can be used to close the gap.
- Composite filling material can also be moulded into the shape of a veneer by your dentist. This would be a quicker and cheaper option instead of having porcelain veneers in a smile makeover, even though porcelain veneers are considered to be the better option as they are stronger, will last longer, and as they are made in the laboratory, they will have a better finish.
Why should I consider white fillings?
The majority of people have some kind of fillings or the other in their mouth. These days, fillings are not just practical, but can appear very real also. Some people have no desire for silver fillings because they become visible when they smile or laugh and they are extremely mindful of their appearance.
To book a free consultation with our Patient Coordinator click here to contact us. Any proposed treatment will be explained to you in full and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
If you would like any more information on any other services we provide at Breeze Dental please click here to contact us.
Breeze Dental also offer Dental Finance with 0% APR on many of our treatments, we can arrange installments to make the cost of treatment more manageable and offer an alternative to paying the total up-front.